Monday, November 28, 2011

Guest BLOGGER!! PICKLE the Elf!

So far I haven't been the greatest at keeping up on this...life is busy - I spend most of my time working or with my kids...so that's where I put most of my effort.  You'll just have to deal with it...which I am sure you will as I don't think any of you are leaping out of bed each day to run and see what I may have written!
In any case, we have a guest blogger that will be making an honest effort to write a quick blurb each day leading up to the big day.  The big day? Yes.  That would be Christmas.  Why would our guest write about Christmas each day?  Well...our guest blogger is an elf.  And he (or she - it depends on Conner's mood) is quite a mischievous magical elf.  As a matter of fact, the Shelf Elf is going to be taking over the writing of the blog for the whole month of December!

So without further ado...here is Pickle the Elf!


Hi! I'm Pickle the Elf.  Of course, I didn't know my name until I met the cute little Conner and Kellen on November 27, 2011.  Conner picked my name...first he said he was going to name me: Sister Elf or Sprinkles and finally settled on Pickle.  

Santa sent me to watch these two kiddos and report back to Santa about whether the two kids are on the naughty or nice list.  So I sit and watch all day and then magically fly off to tell Santa how things went at the Conner and Kellen house.  I also send email - depending on whether or not I'm having so much fun that I don't want to jet off to the North Pole - amazing what we can do with technology these days!

  Here's what I've been up to at Conner and Kellen's house:

I always like to make a grand entrance...so in my typical fashion I set up a glorious buffet of some of the North Pole's most exquisite delicacies.  Santa snacks, Reindeer treats, North Poles (my favorite), Snowman Kisses, Glacier Hot Cocoa...yum!  I accidentally left the milk on the stove while I was decorating the table and made a bit of a mess...I'll remember not to do that next time...OOPS!










I also set about to decorate for the season!  But, unfortunately the kids woke up before I could finish my decorations so I was stuck swinging on an ornament all day!   



After the kids went to bed, I ended up flying back to the North Pole to tell Santa that the kids had been AWESOME all day!  Conner really loved the breakfast and wanted to eat a North Pole Breakfast at every meal.  His mom had to tell him that he would only get the North Pole Breakfast the first time I show up each year.  He sure loved the Snowman Kisses!  

When I made it back from North Pole, I ended up falling asleep on the speaker above the TV.  I didn't have much of a chance to do any decorating or playing with their toys...


HMMMM  I wonder what I can do tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment