Thursday, October 27, 2011

Remember how I said...

Remember how I wrote a post Why I don't hate when my kids are sick?  Well, guess what - I HATE WHEN I AM SICK!!!!  Oh my GOSH!  I rarely get sick...really.  So it's always shocking to me when I do.  Right now...not feeling the "sick love."  No. Siree. Bob.  Not. At. All.  UGH!

Honestly, if I were sick and didn't have two wee little ones to make me be at their every beck and call love on and take care of right now, it wouldn't be a big deal.  I'd lay on the couch, with a big heavy blanket watching chick flicks in-between falling asleep.  BUT, as any parent of young children knows...that really isn't an option.

So...instead of getting super comfy on my couch and dozing off...I am sitting at the computer while Conner goes potty - for fear of being so comfy and cozy that he'll make his distinguished call, "Mommy, I'm done" and I won't be able to wake up.  And anyone who has or ever did have small children knows, it means it's time for you to wipe the kids butt when you hear those words.  Yep.  And, when you feel like poop you don't really want to look at or clean up poop.  So yeah...that's my night right now.  Thankfully, Kellen fell asleep like a sweet little baby as usual.  Of course, he'll be up at least 3 times before the night is over and it's time to wake up and start all over.

The worst part about this "sick" is that...well, actually there are a few things I don't like about it...and I'm not sure which is the worst.  But anyway, I've been sick since Monday.  Fever, achy, exhausted, cough.  Now, 4 days later I have a slight fever again, am exhausted, and am now coughing up yellow-ish guck with my hacking fits.  Fun, right?

But, here's the best (and I actually think THIS is the worst)...moms, you'll probably know what I'm referring to here, although if you're like me...you may not have realized this until an inopportune time like when you were hacking up your lungs.  Are you curious?  You want to know what I am referring to?  Wait for it...wait...wait...

I FREAKING PEED WHEN I COUGHED at dinner.  Yep.  First time that has happened - not even during pregnancy!  And frankly, with the force of my coughing, I am pretty confident that no matter how many kegels I did while pregnant, or after giving birth, it wouldn't have made a difference.  I freaking peed.  Not what an almost 31 year old wants to experience.  Nope.  Not. At. All.  But, as you can see I guess I am not the only one. 

I really hope I feel better soon - it's hard taking care of my munchkins when it's hard to take care of myself!  And I really don't want to pee my pants anymore...

Alright - gotta go - the Conner kid is calling for his mama...and we all know what that means.

PS.
AND my Public Service Announcement for the week

You all (all 5 or 6 of you) just got a little bit educated about kegels and urinary incontinence.  Pretend this is your fairy health godmother  - go do your KEGELS in order to try and prevent a terrible "accident" from happening and contact your doctor if urinary incontinence is a regular thing for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment