Thursday, October 20, 2011

Weekend with Nana



Most of my family and close friends know that while I was attending the College of Saint Rose, I stayed with Al's parents during the week.  I commuted to Albany from their house and went home to our house (Al's and mine) on the weekends.  Thankfully, I truly love his parents and get along very well with them.  I very much enjoyed being at their house and getting to know them in a way I probably wouldn't have ever known them if I hadn't lived with them.  I sometimes miss our at least once a week TV show watching and critiquing the dancers of Dancing with the Stars.  We developed a more intimate relationship than I'd thought possible and I very much appreciate my in-laws.

Well, Al went away last weekend to fish with his buddies.  Nana (mother-in-law) came to visit while he was away.  We had a lot of fun.  Nana helped out a lot.  She folded our laundry which is my LEAST favorite chore (THANK YOU)!  We had the opportunity to chat a bit after the kids went to bed - like we used to when we lived closer and when we lived together.  We cooked - soup, spaghetti, cupcakes, frittatta.  We played with the boys.  It was just so nice to hang out with no pressure to go anywhere or do anything. 

Thanks for the great weekend Nana.  We look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment